Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine.Heart.Crayon.Sun.Catchers

I am so glad Kristen shared this cute Valentine craft idea with us. Making these fun little crayon heart sun catchers was so easy and fun. The kids LOVED it!

Step 1: Spread crayon shavings over a sheet of wax paper that's on top of a brown paper bag.


Step 2: Place another sheet of wax paper on top of your crayon shavings, then place another brown paper bag on top of the wax paper. Iron the paper bag with a warm iron and WA-LA!, you've got yourself a fancy, colorful, Valentine sun catcher.


Step 3: Let it cool for just a minute or two and then draw and cut heart shapes out of it.


These are the cute ones Quinney cute out. :)



Step 4: Tape all your cutesy Valentine colored hearts to the windows and watch them gleam in the sunshine!









When we were doing this project Avery said, "Mom, we could do red and green crayons and cut Christmas trees out of them."
...Yes, I've got one smart little girl who happens to LOVE a good fun craft project just like her Mama.
That got me thinking, "yeah, and we could use pastel colors and make Easter eggs too." "Can we make green ones for St. Patricks Day Mom?!!"
Sure darling, sure.
She's so dang cute and creative! I love it!

2 comments:

Kade and Katie said...

holly i was just looking at these lastnight on martha stewarts website!! you beat her to it, you little martha you!! i am hoping to get mine done tonight with the kids, they are so cute and pretty simple it seems?? was it alot of shavings?? maybe i should do that while kids are sleeping and at school. i'll let you know how it turns out. and your cupcakes are so cute, and i'm sure fabulous tasting too....what is your frosting recipe? love to try it! you are such a cute mom....happy valentines!!

Grandma T. said...

That was a fantastic idea! The hearts turned out so cute. I'm sure the kids loved making them and decorating the windows. I wish I had a few for my windows!!