Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Welcome to the Princess Room

I've had this envisioned in my head for quite sometime now. Instead of doing a head board for Avery's bed, {because I wasn't sure how a white head board would look in front of the white bead board behind her bed}, I wanted to do this.


I finally just bought the tulle {on one of my many trips to JoAnn's last week} and did it. Mostly so I could quit thinking about it. :) I got the fun wall knobs at Tai Pan and Rod Works and just spray painted them white.

I really love how it turned out, it's cute. Looking at these pictures though, I think I might sag the tulle and droop it a bit towards the center to get a more full look. I also want to get some kind of cute wall hanging/picture to hang in the center too.
Note to self: must sew Rag Doll a cute frilly dress ASAP!




My little Princesses room is almost complete. I have a few more things in mind to jazz it up a bit including: cute chandelier, window coverings, desk of some sort {white}, and once I have the desk in place I can hang shelves/pictures on the wall above it to create a cozy little nook for my little princess. I also want to sew a few more coordinating throw pillows for her bed. Nothing says 'princess room' to me more than a jumble load of cute pillows piled on the bed. Exciting!

. . .*THIS JUST IN*. . . Hayzen and Quinn's bedding will be delivered by the UPS man tomorrow. Wahoo! I believe I'll be taking a trip to the paint store real soon. More excitement!!

Note to Justin: You're not hating my spring cleaning/organizing/brightening/sprucing things up/crafting/{border line} obsession lately yet, are you honey? I know how you naturally fret about these kinds of things. {financially anyway} :) Rest assure though, I am using my allowance responsibly. ha ha ha!

3 comments:

Crystal Taylor said...

Very cute! You are quite the creative, crafty lady aren't you?
I loved the yellow pillow you made! Maybe you need to come help me spruce up my house a bit!

Jana said...

Very, very, VERY cute!

Lyndee said...

I love how it turned out! So cute!