Leisa and Scott's Chinese New Year party is something I look forward to every year! It is such a fun tradition and as always, the food is to die for!!!
Leisa and Scott make all the Chinese food themselves and this year the menu was:
Chicken Chew Mien, Beef and Broccoli, Mu Shu Pork, Orange Chicken, Pot-stickers, chicken egg rolls, turkey egg rolls, coconut shrimp cakes, white rice, ham fried rice and for dessert, homemade fortune cookies with a real fortune inside.
I love all of Leisa's Chinese lanterns and decor she puts up, it makes it so fun!
"Do you rike my hot?" ha ha!
Hayzen had a grand ole' time feeding Grandma the delicious food.
Are you enjoying your dinner there, Justin? :)
After dinner we all moved into the living room for the traditional chopstix game. You have to roll either doubles or a seven to have a shot at picking up as many M&M's with chopstix as you can. It is a lot harder than you'd think but oh-so-fun!
These were the cute mini take-out containers Leisa gave each of us to put our M&M's in. Aren't they cute?!
OH MAN! It's my turn!
I got ONE! Wahoo! I was pretty proud of myself!
Favorite quote of the night was when Dad picked up the chopstix to start his turn he said, "well I don't know how to operate these things." ha ha ha! Oh Dad, I just love ya, you make me smile!
Mmmmm, treasures!
Thanks a million Leisa and Scott, we had a fantastic time, as always!











1 comment:
Yes, we did have a great time! The food was delish and so fun to try everything. Thanks Leisa and Scott for all the chopping that it takes for Chinese food, it is so time consuming. It was a great party!
Post a Comment