Friday, February 18, 2011

I heart crafting of any sort!

This is what I've been doing the last few days and I couldn't be more pleased with the result!
LOVE IT!






These pillows were so fun and easy to make. I used a tutorial for the mustard felt pillow that I found on one of my favorite crafting blogs, The Crafting Chicks. Simply adorable. It was LOVE at first sight for me and I HAD to make it ASAP!

And while I was on one of my "crafting trips" to Hobby Lobby, I found this cute little lamp that was 50% off. SCORE! I'd been looking for a lamp for my living room for quite sometime now but just hadn't found it yet, that is until I saw this little gem. I added some cute little rosettes to it and...perfect! I also found this cute HOME picture frame at Rod Works that I couldn't pass up either. How could I, it coordinates so nicely and, well, it has three picture openings for my three hoodlums, perfect! I guess that means we can't have another child, Justin... :)


Now that I spruced up and added color to the couches, my walls are looking rather drab. I don't have any of my usual decor on my tables either, maybe that's why it looks so plain? I think I'll move the wreath to another room and do something different on that wall. Picture frames maybe? I don't know though, because I've got a slue of pictures hanging on my wall in the family room. {I just have to add a few more touches to it and then I'll post a picture. I can't wait, it's lovely!} We shall see what comes of the big and plain brown wall I guess.


The clock and table on the red wall will definitely be moving because here shortly, it will have my Great Grandma's piano in front of it. Hooray! I can't wait, I am SO excited about that! What a treasure to have in my home. It's the same piano that I grew up with, practicing away for my lessons. :) I have BIG plans for that wall surrounding my piano, it's going to be what I like to call, my ancestor wall. The vision of it in my head is amazing! Can't wait for that either!


Just to add a little more color over in that corner, I would like to find a mustard colored throw to hang over the chair.....Or maybe someone like my Mom could crochet me a mustard afghan?
What do you say Mother? :)


My living room "spruce-up" is all coming together and it's a good feeling!

7 comments:

jami said...

I wish we could craft together -- I need a good crafting partner, cause it's always more fun with a friend . . .

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Super cute Holly!! I want the yellow one asap! You go girl and get your craft on :)

Penny said...

Okay. I formally request more posts like this. I love it! That way I can copy whatever you do. I mean, we already have the exact same house, right? And since I completley lack your "decorator's eye," I need a little (or a lot) inspiration. Or plagarism. Call it what you may. :)

Anonymous said...

Super cute pillows!!! They turned out so stylish and fab! I don't know about me crocheting an affgan, (I can't even spell it) I can't remember how I did the ones I did. You ought to get your talented sister to show you how and you could do it yourself. I'm sure you could do it. Anyway, your room turned out just lovely!

Mom said...

Forgot to sign my name again, darn..

Rosie Moncrief said...

Love it!! You skill amazes me!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

love love love it! now come do my house!!