Thursday, December 2, 2010

The Great Wall of Taffy


We went on a lovely little field trip to the Sweet's Candy Factory with Quinn's preschool. We learned about how all different kinds of Sweet's candies are made plus we got to sample a few delicious treats along the way. The orange sticks were my favorite sample of the day! OH! YUM-O! In the candy shop though, I avoided buying those orange sticks like the plague because let's be honest here, I could eat an entire carton of those soft, chewy, orange-y, melt-y, chocolate-y mini sticks in one day...easily.....and I'm not kidding! So, keeping my weight-loss goals in mind for this holiday season, I successfully walked out of that candy shop with
NO ORANGE STICKS!
Hooray for me!

However, I did manage to walk out with a sack full of taffy.....


Justin even got to come since his work is just a hop, skip and a jump away. The kids always think it's so fun seeing Daddy in the middle of a work day! What a fun field trip!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

Oh Holly I wish I was better about those darn orange sticks!! I've already eaten 3 ENTIRE boxes by myself this year. Goodbye to the tiny bit of weight I lost after my surgery :( That did look like a really fun field trip too!!

Mom said...

I wouldn't mind a box of the orange sticks to eat myself, too. I haven't bought any either for the obvious reasons...(I haven't seen any!!)

Rosie Moncrief said...

Yumo! I want to go there!

Jennifer said...

How fun! Carissa's preschool's idea of a field trip was to walk them down the street to the library and that was all they ever did. It was a little disappointing, but she didn't know the difference.