So, after constant ear infections, my little Babe finally had to get tubes put in his ears. I was a little nervous for him to be put under anesthesia, especially when he woke up with a fever and a nasty cold and cough two days before his scheduled surgery. But, both the doctor and anesthesiologist assured me that it was still safe to do the surgery so they did.
The surgery was done and over with so quick that I thought the doctor was coming out into the waiting room to tell me something had went terribly wrong when they gave Hayzen the anesthesia. My heart skipped a few hundred beats I think! See how I work things up in my mind... I have major problems! ha ha! Thankfully though and much to my relief, it was all over and Hayzen did just fine. Phew!
The surgery was done and over with so quick that I thought the doctor was coming out into the waiting room to tell me something had went terribly wrong when they gave Hayzen the anesthesia. My heart skipped a few hundred beats I think! See how I work things up in my mind... I have major problems! ha ha! Thankfully though and much to my relief, it was all over and Hayzen did just fine. Phew!
Poor little thing, he just wasn't feeling very good to begin with and then he had to go through anesthesia and surgery. He was so sad and exhausted by the time we got home. What a brave little champ!
He has his post-op appointment next week so we'll see if his new 'accessories' are functioning properly. We're crossing our fingers, we don't want to ever have to deal with another ear infection again. EVER!
P.S. Hayzen was in no way, shape or form comforted by this little teddy bear they gave him. If it got anywhere near him he'd swat it away or grab it and throw it to the floor. Don't mess with my sick baby.....











No comments:
Post a Comment