Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Last Straw

Day 3 of our Christmas fun!

I loved this tradition growing up and wanted to carry it on for my little family.  Each year we would read "The Last Straw" and then begin filling the manger with straw for all our secret good deeds we did for one another.  It is such a memorable tradition for me and this story is one of my all time favorite Christmas stories.  It makes me cry every time I read it.


We don't have a manger for our fam yet, so we're borrowing Grandma and Grandpa's, the one I used growing up.  :) 

Our names are drawn, our secret good deeds have started, and our manger is starting to fill up.  We want the manger to be nice and soft by Christmas,  for the birth of of baby Jesus.


1 comment:

Grandma said...

I hope you all do lots of secret good deeds so you can lots of straw in the Baby Jesus' manager by the time Christmas Day is here!