Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Day 28

Oopsy, I forgot to post a picture yesterday! I've almost made it to 30 so I'm not giving up now! :)

On to Day 28.....


I love this time of year for many different reasons but I LOVE thinking about one reason in particular. You see, seven years ago this month I started to develop a slight crush on a very funny, very good-looking, very charming guy in my group of friends. Of course only my most trusted roommate and me (except my Mom and all my sisters!) knew about this small crush for about a month or so. Then, one cold, late November day, this very funny, very good-looking, very charming friend of mine asked me to go on a date to a Jon Schmidt concert down in Salt Lake. I was on cloud nine!!! It was the BEST date I've ever been on! He put his arm around me on the shuttle bus and during the concert, we held hands for the first time, then add Jon Schmidt music into the mix and OH, BOY OH BOY, it was magical!!! Seven years later I still get that "newly in love" feeling when I think back to that time in my life and it makes me smile!

(this picture was taken a year later.....after that slight crush!:)

5 comments:

Sarah said...

So cute! I remember you guys seven years ago! That's when I first met you too!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Oh the good ol' days.

byebyedays said...

What a cute love story! That's so great you are so happy together... Keep it up!:)

Rosie Moncrief said...

um, holly.... you should have put a p;ural on roommates!! We all knew you liked him!! We uses to spy out the window and say "the eagle has landed!!" when he came home! Oh man, those were such fun times!!

jennywren said...

Awwww.....don't ya love reminiscing about first love? You guys are awesome.