Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Bear or Freezer Lake is what I like to call it. . .

It was a real treat having my family join us at the condo in Bear Lake this year. Even though the weather turned out to be less than desirable for most of the weekend, we still managed to have a great time!

Saturday was the warmest but still too cold to play in the Lake, so we swam at the pool instead.





Justin, Quinn and Hayzen spent 99.87% in the hot tub trying to keep warm. The rest of the hoodlums would go down the slide a few times, jump off the diving board a few times and then jump back in the hot tub to get warm again. :)
*Note: the ones pictured here were the only soles brave enough to enter the waters of extra coldness {the pool} and luke warmness {the hot tub}, all others used common sense and sat on the sidelines wearing jackets and wrapping towels around them.*


That evening we ate a delicious dinner at LaBeau's before coming home, changing into our comfy and warm clothes and going back outside for an awesome game of kickball. It was SO fun! For the rest of the evening we played games inside, popped popcorn and watched movies. Loved it!

On Sunday/Father's Day, despite the frigid temperature outside, we went for a stroll out by the lake. Notice how some of us don't have long sleeved shirts, pants or even jackets? That's because it's not suppose to be -65 degrees in the middle of June for pete sake!! I could have used my winter coat!


Throwing rocks at the Bear Lake Monster. It actually came out of the water and bit Avery right on the hand. Can you believe that? . . .or so little Miss Avery said. :)


Grandpa helped Hayzen take a shot at the monster too.


Why is it that every time someone {boys/Dad's, mainly} walks out onto a dock they have to start rocking it side to side? *Shrug* One of life's mysteries, I guess.


Don't you just love the flip flop/St. Patrick's Day sock combo I've got goin' on? Even though it's by far NOT my favorite/most comfortable thing to do, I'd do it any day to keep my toes from turning black with frost bite--like I'm sure they would have that day had I not worn my flip flop/St. Patrick's Day sock ensemble.
Thank goodness I packed my trusty St. Patrick's Day socks!


We stopped for a quick spin on the oh-so-fun-merry-go-round before it started to rain/we froze to death.



That evening we had a delicious Father's Day BBQ, popped more popcorn, watched more movies, played more games and had tons more fun!

The next day was sunny but still a bit nippy out so we opted not to go swimming again. Instead, the kids had fun riding their bikes and playing at the park. After lunch we packed up and headed home.
Jolly good times I tell ya!

1 comment:

Lyndee said...

Holly, we were up in Bear Lake all day Saturday. We also went swimming, but at the other pool. I bet you we just missed each other. Next time I go (which is this weekend) I will text you so that we can meet up. You going up on the 4th?