Justin took his 11 year old scout group on an "over-nighter" and Avery and Quinn were devastated when they found out, just before he left, that they would not be going with him. "But we helped him gather up all the tents and everything," a very upset Avery said. Many tears were shed. :)
I had to do something. I had to do something to cheer up my poor sobbing children. So.....
We had our own scout camp, Mommy style!
We started the evening off with a delicious dinner around the light of the campfire, I mean TV, while watching Winnie the Pooh's Heffalump Halloween movie.
I had to do something. I had to do something to cheer up my poor sobbing children. So.....
We had our own scout camp, Mommy style!
We started the evening off with a delicious dinner around the light of the campfire, I mean TV, while watching Winnie the Pooh's Heffalump Halloween movie.
Then we made yummy cookies. The easy kind.....you know, open the package, place the pre-made cookies on the cookie sheet, bake and vola! Perfect kind for Mommy's scout camp! :)
Enjoying the fruits of their very hard labor.....
.....right down to the very last crumb! Shove it in Quinney, shove it in! ha ha!
We ended the night by reading some books in our homemade blanket tent before bed. You know the kind, a blanket propped up by the arms of the couches and a kitchen chair? I briefly thought about letting Avery and Quinn sleep in our make shift tent. Briefly. Mommy needs her sleep! :)











6 comments:
I love their cute aprons- You are such a fun mom! That is a great idea!
You are such a good mom! :) That's some cute ideas! Hey are you guys getting together anymore?
How fun, your such a good Mom to do thoughtful things with your kids! So did you ever get to watch your chick flick?
Your such a cute mom! I love it!!!
I have to agree, you ARE an excellent mom! There's always fun at your house!
you really are such a great mom. kade has a campout this weekend, good idea for those of us at home! thanks, the kids would love it!and cute aprons...i love them!
Post a Comment