Thursday, August 28, 2008

damn church ball!!!

justin's knee surgery (acl repair/replacement) went very well this morning. I also found out that he's hilarious coming out of anesthesia.

here are some examples:

justin: "what's that guy over there doing?"

me: "he's just waiting with that person that just got surgery."

justin: "I think he's trying to figure out what's going on over here and it bothers me." side note: the man was not even looking, facing our way or paying any attention to us!

here's another:

me: "on a scale of one to ten, where's your pain level?" (I do have quit the nursing skills don't I?) he he

justin: "eight, no nine....no eight, nine"

me: "what??? eight?"

justin with a HUGE smile on his face but not joking around: "8.349672" -- are ya kiddin' me!

one more:

justin: "what would make this all better is if Utah won this weekend." (Utah football of course)

me: "yeah, that would make you feel better."

justin as serious as can be: "I mean, I think I deserve it, I've been through a lot" -- acting as if he's part of the team! :)

get better soon honey bunny! and yes, I have banned him from that damn church ball!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarous!

Sarah said...

You guys are funny! I'm glad Justin's surgery went well- We need to stop by & see you! Oh yeah, I tagged you!

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

That is to funny! I'm sorry he had to have surgery though. I remember the night Jared came home and told me that he had messed up his knee and that it was pretty bad. I don't think either one of us knew that it was going to lead to surgery!! I'm sorry though and hope he gets better soon! Thank goodness Utah won! :)

Jennifer said...

Holly you are so funny! I am glad that Justin's surgery went well and I hope he gets well soon. I had to have knee surgery before and I remember that it was definately no fun.

Carolyn Hanson said...

Man, that was funny to read. Best wishes to get well soon, Justin!

PS. I liked your tagged post. Love the red outfit in your closet. Come on, I bet you can find a place to wear that beauty. ;) When you do, you better post! He He!

The Mathews Family said...

How funny! When I came out of anesthesia after my wisdom teeth, I guess the first thing I said to James (with a mouthful of gauze packing) was, "Kiss me baby!"
But seriously, that stinks. James broke his ankle a year and a half ago playing church ball. I feel ya!

byebyedays said...

Hi Holly,

I found your blog on Kristi's. I have to tell you how great you look, and what an adorable family. I always loved you in school. You are so fun!

Trisha said...

Okay so you guys always make me laugh so hard! I just love your family. I am really glad that his surgery went well.

Anonymous said...

Justin is such a good sport to laugh at himself with the stuff he said when he was "out of it". He was such a good guy when I was there tending the children and he never complained at all. I hope that he is soon all well and he knee never bothers him ever again. You forgot to tell about the Cherry Coke in a mug, that was the funniest thing ever!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Thats awesome! I love people on drugs. I don't know why we think drugs are a bad thing.

bentanelle said...

that is hilarious! I had the same surgery, I hope he is okay! tell him to do his physical therapy, because if you don't it will bite you in the butt later!!

Penny said...

I share your ban on church ball. Brings out the worst in our men, I say! Justin is a crack up! You should slip him something next time you guys come over so we can all experience it for ourselves :).