Monday, March 19, 2012

Kindergarten Shots :(

I took Quinney in a couple weeks ago for his Kindergarten check-up. The good news is, my little cutie is as healthy as can be! The bad news is, he had to get his kindergarten shots. Four. FOUR shots! Two in each leg. Poor thing.

I knew he was a pretty nervous about the shots but he did so good. He was so brave and didn't even cry. The nurse rewarded him with some stickers and a sucker. A few minutes later, when I was helping Hayzen get his coat on, I heard my little Quinney whimper. I looked over at him and he was white as a ghost. I put my arm around him and asked if he was okay. A few seconds later, he threw up. Luckily I could tell it was coming so I rushed him over to the garbage can and most of it went in there. I felt SO bad for him. He wasn't feeling the best that morning anyway, he woke up with a little cold/runny nose. I wasn't sure if he'd caught a flu bug as well or if it was just a fluke thing. In the end, it turned out to be just a fluke thing, thank goodness! I think my little guys nerves must have just got the best of him that morning.

When we got home he laid on the couch for awhile, played his V.Smile, ate his sucker and watched a movie.



Hayzen wasn't quite sure what to do with himself with Quinn not feeling well. So he rested on the other couch until Quinn was ready to play.


By the afternoon, Quinn was feeling much better and was ready to go get his ice cream cone that I had promised him for being so brave through his shots.

He was so sweet and asked if we could wait for Avery to get home from school so she could get an ice cream with us.

That's my boy!
My cute, brave, sweet little boy!

1 comment:

Mom said...

I'm glad that he's done with the kindergarten shots!! What an ordeal.