First one to spot the iguana wins a prize!!
There he is. We got to see a wild iguana lounging in a tree in Puerto Rico, can't get much more exciting than that! So cool!
This was such a cute little courtyard with water fountains, park benches and a whole lot of pigeons.
Take it from me folks, pigeons flying straight toward you at an incredibly rate is quite scary!! ha ha! But who cares, when am I ever going to feed the pigeons in Puerto Rico again?!!
More sight-seeing to do--
Check out this old 1800's cemetary right on the cliff over looking the ocean. WOW! It was awesome!
After a fun {and sweaty} day walking around San Juan it was back to the ship to get freshened up for dinner and for me to become the newest STAR of the ship!! :)
We got ourselves a nice bag O' candy to snack on during the "Minute to Win It" show. Unfortunetly I didn't get to eat much after this because I was one of the lucky ones to be called up on stage to participate! Wahoo! Justin was so nervous for me that he polished off that whole bag of candy!
"Am I eating because I'm nervous?" ha ha ha!
There were six contestants and it was a last man standing kind of thing.
The first challenge: pick up 6 penne pasta noodles with a spaghetti noodle
Oh yeah, I moved on!
Second challenge: place two pencils on the back of your hand, flip them up and catch them, increase two at a time until you have a total of 12 pencils to flip and catch all at the same time
I totally killed this challenge. I don't want to brag but I was the ONLY contestant that didn't drop one single pencil! :)
Third challenge: blow up a balloon and use the air to blow 10 plastic cups off the table
Yep, I moved on again!
Fourth challenge: alternating cups and plates, stack them as high as you can without your tower falling over
I barely passed by the skin of my chinny-chin-chin on this one. I'm just lucky that one of the guys tower toppled over at the very last second!
And then there were two!
Fifth challenge: bend over paper bags that get increasingly smaller and pick them up with your mouth without touching your hands or knees on the stage
Poor guy I was up against was so UN-flexible, he couldn't even pick up the tallest bag. I got to bag #3 so..... I WON!! Wahoo! Yes, I won the amazing minute to win it show on the cruise! "The winner is me, where's my prize?"
And just to make sure I walked away with the solid WIN, they had me do one more challenge--the ole' tissue stunt!
Presenting me with all my fancy, well deserved gifts!
Can you believe I won? ha ha! My fancy prizes included: a fabulous soft fluffy robe, a carnival beach towel, a ship trophy, a medal, a bobble head of the owner of carnival {I think}, a teddy bear, a book on how to fold all the lovely towel animals and last but not least, a big ole' bottle of champaine! Quite a prize ey? I tried to trade the bottle of champaine in for a round of pina coladas but they didn't go for that.
I felt like a celebrity on board after that, I was recognized where ever I went. A lot of 'congratulations' were given to me by all sorts of strangers! ha ha!
After we dropped the goods off at the room we headed up stairs for the deck party! Wahoo! We danced the night away to the Conga, "come on everybody let's do the conga!. . ."
We wore ourselves out doing that so of course we had to feast on the Mexican buffet for a little mid-night snack. :)
This cute froggy was our pillow pet that night.











3 comments:
Love your face in the pigeon pictures I think it would probably look about the same. Congrats on your big win! Once you learn how to fold all of those towel animals you will have to share your knowledge. I am not sure what I would fold them for but I think it would be fun. The cruise we went on didn't have nearly as many fun animals as yours. I think all we got was a swan and an elephant.
Picture of you with the birds... My favorite!!
Come to my house and make the neat animal towels, you'd be a hit!!
Wow Holly the cruise looked amazing. It looks like you had so much fun! I love you and Justin as a couple you are great together!!
Post a Comment