Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My confession.

I admit, I'm addicted. I really am officially addicted.

To this. . .


And to making these. . .


Seriously, does anyone else walk around their house scamming every room looking for things to glue with the hot glue gun? No? Just me then?

I LOVE THE GLUE GUN! I actually search for projects that require using a glue gun because I love using it that much! Addicted? Very much so. But in a very healthy, 'I like being crafty' sort of way. If that's possible.

Okay, so how cute did these pink tulle and green and yellow felt rosettes turn out? I made these cuties into clips for Avery's hair, perfect for Spring. I'm currently looking for cute pink and white headbands to shove a few of these babies on for Avery's hair too but I've had no such luck finding any that I've liked yet. The search will continue.


I made these bigger clips to clip on "Thank You" cards I made to give to the old YW presidency. They can use them for their hair, to clip on a handbag, a scarf, a necklace or even a bracelet. There are zillions of things to do with a rosette clip!--And that's why they make me SO happy!


And these smaller ones I made for.... well, I'm not sure, I just couldn't stop making them!! More clips, maybe?


And these? Oh my goodness, my favorite! I made these to go on a frame for my Heritage wall that just keeps looking more and more amazing in my head everyday. Aren't they adorable?
I LOVE THEM!


This isn't the frame I had in mind to stick them on but I could if I wanted because look how dang cute they look? And what if I added some old vintage lace pieces and pearls tucked away in between a few of the rosettes and then switched the picture out for an old sepia print of my grandparents? Can you even imagine? Ooooo, I'm excited!


LOVE IT!


And can I just say how excited I am about how this burlap rosette turned out?--and not just because I like saying 'burlap'. :)
Well I'll tell ya how excited I am. I'm pretty darn excited! I'm going to have to make more of these for sure!


I would have kept digging through my scrap material and made more if my supply of glue sticks hadn't have run out. Darn it.

Until next time glue gun, until next time.

Shopping list for tomorrow:

- more alligator clips
- white and pink headbands
- TONS more glue sticks
- more vintage looking material
- a cupcake {or two} from The Sweet Tooth Fairy :)
- vintage looking buttons
- more hot pink tulle

3 comments:

LATIMER FAMILY said...

So cute - so the question is are they easy, and if so will you please share?

KarKar said...

I never would have thought putting those on a picture frame.. well done my friend!!! It makes the frame have that "pop" appeal.. know what I'm saying!!

Trisha said...

They turned out really cute. Thank you again for mine...I love it!