Ben and Krista got married on Quinney's birthday and guess who made their wedding cake?
That's right, I did.
When Ben asked me if I'd make one for them I was...
1. surprised, after all, I'm not a professional :) {although I'd like to say that I am}
2. nervous, I've only used fondant and made a layered cake one time, and that was for Hayzen's 1st birthday a very short 2 months ago
3. MORTIFIED! To make a presentable wedding cake that everyone was going to see? Mortified I tell ya!
But in the end I loved how it turned out, just the way I had pictured it in my head. All that anxiety for nothin'! :)
I really am very happy and proud of myself! Not to mention relieved for myself!:) It turned out SO CUTE!
I'm hoping to take the Wilton Cake Decorating courses before I attempt my next big cake project though..... Come to think of it, with all my "experience", maybe I'll just bag the courses and claim that I am a "self taught professional"! ha ha!
A big congratulations to the happy couple!











8 comments:
Guess that means you are making the cake for the next Chow n' Chat!!
You are AMAZIN!!
WOW!! You are amazing! I took two of the courses and still don't think I could do that. Yah, bag the courses, just buy the books and you could figure it out yourself.
Hollycakes,
That cake really is amazing! I'm seriously so impressed, you are so very talented. You know I say I hate you only because I'm jealous of how creative you are:) Anyway, you look GREAT as well, I love your cute shirt! Love ya!
So Amazing!!! It turned out GREAT!!!
Wow Holly! I had no idea you could do that. Impressive. I think I might be calling you in 17 years or so when I need a cake for Camille's wedding. Great job!!! You are full of hidden talents:)
Wow Holly, you are so talented! Great job. I don't think I would ever take on such a task unless I truly was a professional. I am truly amazed. Hayzen's cake was incredible too. Keep up the good work.
Holly you are so talented! It does look so professional. You look so cute by the way. Hot Momma!! Miss ya I hope we can get together soon one of these days!!!
Kristen told me about this cake! It is wonderful!
Post a Comment