Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Weekend Frenzy

The July 4th holiday always brings exciting times around our house! It starts off with my little Miss Avery's birthday on the 2nd, the 4th of July on the 4th (obviously! :), and all sorts of vacations planned with our families. The fun just never stops around these parts!

Happy Birthday little lady! I thought I'd post a picture of how cute she looked in her birthday shirt since that was the one and only day she will get to wear it. (at least without the shirt telling a lie I guess :)



After she opened her presents we took her out to dinner, she picked Applebee's, they sang to her and she was so HAPPY! Happy 5th birthday Avery girl!

The next day we headed up to good old Cache Valley for the grand firework show at Romney Stadium. I didn't get one "good" picture of my kids where all of them were looking at the camera, smiling cute, not closing their eyes...or crossing them Hayzen!...or that the picture didn't end up blurry. But what the heck, I'll show you all the semi-good ones I managed to get for kicks and varitey!






Hayzen looks pleased to be there doesn't he? :) Actually I think he was just stretching. Cutest little strechey face I've ever seen but still falls under the category of the "semi-good" pictures. Aren't I just so picky? :)


While we were sitting on our blankets waiting for the display of fireworks to start, Justin, Avery and Quinn played a thrilling game of "hit me in the face with my blanket", or whatever you'd like to call it. This game could have gone on for hours, sometimes children are so easy to please!



On the 4th of July we spent the day in Mendon at my parents house, better known as, a slice of heaven on earth. :) We went swimming, had a BBQ and ate it on festive 4th of July plates, ate watermelon.....awww, it was fantastic!

Later that evening we headed into town for the always pleasing Cache Valley Cruise-In. Quinney is obsessed with cars right now so we thought it would be fun to take him this year. Obviously the anticipation was just too much for my poor little guy, he ended up passing out with excitment!


Just kidding, he fell asleep in the car on the way there.

Here are a few of our favorites...





The next day, the 5th of July, (I told you the fun never stops!) we drove ourselves up to Park City to stay over night with the other half of our family. We celebrated Tayler's birthday with a delicious dutch oven dinner compliments of Lisa and Troy. Yum-O! Happy Birthday Tay Tay!

The next day we hit the outlets, ate dinner at the best mexican resturant EVER, then walked over and took a little ride on the Alpine Coaster. So fun!!!.....we'll be eating hot dogs and mac n' cheese for the next month but what a way to spend hard earned money, on a ridiculously over priced 1 minute ride. What could be better?

At dinner however we were entertained with clapping and singing for the two July birthday girls for free. They even got their own birthday treat, a balloon, a poloroid picture, AND they got to wear these spectacular sombreros at no extra charge.


What a way to end our 4th of July weekend!

6 comments:

Skye O. said...

Wow! What a fun weekend! You must've been exhausted. Your little Hayzen is so sweet. All your kids are. I love those pictures with all of them...my kids were playing the blanket game last night too! fun times.

Rosie Moncrief said...

Happy Birthday Avery Girl!!!! Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July!

byebyedays said...

Oh my gosh, I would have died for that barbie load when I was little! She'll be occupied for MANY hours of the day.:) Your baby boy is a little doll! Looks like you've been enjoying the summer days... Keep it up. You have such sweet, adorable little ones Holly.

Trisha said...

Your so funny Holly! Looks like you had a busy but fun filled weekend! Off to the next one, right?!

Jana said...

Looks like a busy and fun weekend!

Jennifer said...

Wow you guys have been just as busy as we have. It's lots of fun, but it can sure wear you out. Your kids are so cute and so good at posing for pictures too. We end up with lots of closed eyes and funny faces out our house.