Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Mighty Quinn!

On Quinn's birthday we took him out to his special birthday dinner. He got to pick the place and he chose Chili's. Well actually, let me clear that up, he has no idea of names of restaurants, so we gave him a choice of 3 places and which ever one he repeated is where we were going to go. :)






An ice cream sundae for the birthday boy!!!




Quinn's birthday party on Saturday was originally suppose to be at the park, but since it started to rain just before the party started we had a change of plans.....everyone came to our house instead. In the past I've had two birthday party's for Avery and Quinn's birthdays, one with my side of the family and one with Justin's side of the family simply because we have never had a big enough space to fit 40 (give or take a few) people at the same time! And that's just immediate family! So this year I thought I was ahead of the game by planning it at the park with a bowery so we could just have one party and call it good. Not so much! Oh well, although it was a little cramped and got a little toasty with so many people, we celebrated Quinney's 2nd birthday at our house!



We started out with a little game, the "Quinney Quiz". I pre-cut card stock into 6X6 pieces. On one side I had everyone draw a picture of what size they thought Quinn's foot was. On the other side I had them write the answers to six questions. Whoever got closest to his foot size won a prize and whoever got the most correct answers won a prize too. It was really fun!!! I'm going to make a little book with all the papers in it for Quinn to keep. The questions on the "Quinney Quiz" were:

1. What is his favorite food? Mac-n-cheese
2. What is his favorite thing to play with? Keys, he loves keys!
3. What does he call his binky? bebe
4. How many teeth does he have? 16
5. How much does he weigh? 23 lbs.
6. Where on his body is his favorite place to scratch? his bum cheeks! Justin insisted we put this question in!:)

After the quiz it was present time!





The cake! Have any of you seen the movie CARS? Well, here it is.....:)



Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you.....


Happy Birthday dear Quinney.....


Happy Birthday to you!!!!!


Thanks everyone for coming and for making it a special and fun day for our little Quinney!!! And especially a big THANK YOU for all the fun gifts that Quinn received, he's been busy playing with all his new toys! We love you Quinney Guy and hope you had a great 2nd birthday!!!

9 comments:

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Happy Birthday! Both of your kids are so cute! The cake turned out cute too!

Rosie Moncrief said...

So cute!! I had a blast on saturday craft night!! Love your house!

Trisha said...

I had alot of fun at our craft night that night at your house. Thanks for doing it. And your cake turned out really cute by the way!

Rosie Moncrief said...

Holly, those rocks were made by an ancient volcanic eruption!! they are so not fake!! You would have known that had you taken the time to read the opening sentence of my post!! hahaha I just love ya!

Katy said...

That is really creative! I'll have to remember some of those ideas for Brian's birthday:)

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Cute party! loved to see you this weekend. Olivia has been practiceing her couch jumping today!!!

byebyedays said...

FUN CAKE, You did such a good job!

Penny said...

Reese is incredibly impressed with Quinn's cake. She made me go back to it about a hundred times! Who'd have thought she'd want a cars cake? Anyway, you (as usual) amaze me. Next time you have to throw a party, I want to be your apprentice!

Anonymous said...

We had such a good time at Quinney's Birthday Party. Everything turned out great even if we couldn't go to the park. I was glad we were in your house when the rain started pounding on the window!! Thanks for inviting us down. We love you Quinn (and Avery, too)!