Thursday, September 25, 2008

Day 3 - Success!!!


Here I am with my very first homemade pie crust! Wahoo, I did it! :)


I have made many many pies over the years but have always cheated and got store bought crusts. I've always heard that pie crusts can be very touchy and sometimes very hard to handle so why not just buy it pre-made from the store? But this time I decided to pull out my inner Martha Stewart and try it from scratch. So after a couple of calls to my Mom for tips and encouragement (my Mom is a great homemade pie maker!) I attempted it. I'd say it turned out pretty good and I am very pleased with myself! It wasn't even quite as scary as I had built up in my mind either! ha ha! Here is the finished product, homemade peach pie........


Thanks Skye for the crust and pie recipes, and yes folks, it tastes as good as it looks!

8 comments:

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

That does look good!! You just could be Martha Stewart between the crafts you do and now the cooking.

Keesha said...

Wow Holly! I am impressed... I haven't ever even made a pie with store crust and here you are making your homemade pies. You are quite the woman... it sure looks yummy!

Skye O. said...

Yeah! You did it! You make it look just like a Martha Stewart pie too.

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

you are my inspiration for me to try and get in tune with my inner martha stewart!! That is awesome!! I love all your autumn decor. What a cute mommy you are.

Rosie Moncrief said...

GOLD STAR FOR HOLLY!!!!

Anonymous said...

HIP HIP HOORAH!!! I'm impressed!! Looks good enough to eat, now I think I will try it. Justin will now want you to make homemade pies all the time for him! Now you can make homemade bread!! You are all practiced up!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say "Nice picture taking Avery!" You are not only a wonderful artist, you are a great photographer!!

Kade and Katie said...

can i have a bite? it's looks so yummy! i guess i will have to attempt my own, you and skye have inspired me. i had her send me the crust recipe too...we'll see if it turns out! i love your blog! your kids pictures turned out sooo cute!