Monday, May 9, 2011

My Mom


"Mother, I love you; Mother I do.
Father in Heaven has sent me to you.
When I am near you, I love to hear you
Singing so softly that you love me too.
Mother, I love you; I love you, I do."


This is one of my all time favorite primary songs, Mother's Day or not because it reminds me of my special Mother. I used to sing this to my Mom from time to time {like, when I was a teenager, mind you}! :) Yes, I was a bit of a nerd! haha

I'm so glad I was sent to be your daughter, Mom. When I count my blessings, being your daughter is at the tip-top of the list--I'm one lucky gal.
I love to be near you, you make me feel so safe, comfortable and loved. When I'm having a rough day, just hearing your voice on the phone is all I need to make me feel better. How do you do that? :)
I love to hear you tell me you love me, even though there is never a question in my mind that you do. I always know because you are the best at showing me you love me.
And of course I love your singing, all those fun songs you used to sing to us when we were little,
"Pumpkin sittin' on a railroad track, way down in the wash.
Around the bend came a #10, {CLAP!} pumpkin became a squash!"
You truly are the best of the best, Mom. You have so many amazing traits and qualities, I want to be just like you when I grow up! :)
Mother I love you, I love you, I do.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Thank you very much for the beautiful thoughts. I couldn't be more proud of a daughter than I am of you. You're the best!! I love you, too.

Lyndee said...

What a great lady she is! That is a fabulous picture of her. I can see a lot of you in her. Happy Mother's Day! Can't wait to see you on Monday!