Hayzen Todd
7 lbs. 5 oz.
19 in.
3:12 pm
First surprise: I ended up having to have a c-section.
Because of your placenta issues you ask?
No, because he decided he wanted to be born sideways. :)
Last Tuesday at my doctor's appointment he was head down and "engaging nicely into the birthing canal" were the doctor's exact words. When we got to the hospital I was checked and no presenting parts were felt. So the ultrasound machine came out and what do you know, he was transverse! To make a long story short, the doctor tried to flip him into head down position, after many painful attempts it worked, pitocin was started and contractions started every 5 minutes, about 2 hours later the doctor came back to break my water, I was checked and the wrong parts were presenting, he now was breech! Yes, that's right, breech! End result, a lovely c-section.
Second surprise: Look at all his long black hair! I love it!
Third surprise: (but not much of a surprise) Avery and Quinn are in love with their new brother. They ask to hold him all the time. Avery is so careful with him and can't stop kissing his head. One of Quinney's new favorite things to do is help Mommy or Daddy by handing us a diaper and the wipes. It seems like Hayzen is fitting right in with not much of an adjustment...not yet anyway. :)
We are in love with our new little fella, he is such a sweet baby!
Presenting our new family of five.....:)











26 comments:
Congratulations, Holly! What a beautiful baby and what a great looking family of five you are!
holly, he is adorable! they come so tiny and squishy, i love it! congratulations, what a doll. you have such a cute little family. glad everyone is adjusting well. will i see you at the mendon celebrations this year?? i hope so, it's always so good to see you.
Congrats! He is adorable!
Congratulations Holly! He is adorable.. I love all that hair... I can't wait to meet him.. hope you are feeling ok with the c sec and everything.. .. make sure not to vaccum or sweep.. please let me know if you need anything at all.. Congrats again! way cute family of 5
Ohhhhh he is SO cute!!! I just can't wait to hold him again! Yeah, I am so happy for you guys, good job you two!
Oh I just wanna reach through the computer screen and squish him! Congrats you made a good one! I'm lovin' the sibling shirts that is just too cute! You all are just a DARLING family!
I'm sorry you had to have a c-section. But, he is so SWEET!! I love his name. Happy recovery!
So cute! Congratulations!I kept checking to see if you had pictures up I couldn't wait to see him and he is adorable. What a cute family.
I, too, have been checking everyday to find out the news. He's darling. There is one shot of you holding him up that he looks so much like Avery. And enjoy the hair. What a fun surprise. Good luck recovering.
He is striking with that dark hair! YOu guys just have darling kids. Congrats little family of five! Hoping for a quick recovery for ya.
bummer on the c section, but he's obviously worth it! what a handsome little guy, your family is so precious!!!!!
What a cute little nephew I have!
Congrats you guys!! That is so exciting! He is so cute and that is some dark hair, wow I bet that was a big surprise. I hope you are feeling as well as can be expected!? Congrats again!
Congratulations! He is SO cute, and I love all that hair (and his name.)
Congrats!! He is adorable. I can't believe all the hair and I'm sorry about the C-section, that really stinks, but at least he is here safe and sound. I love the shirts. Did you make them? Too cute. I think he looks a lot like Quinn minus all that dark hair of course. What a sweet little family.
Hes so cute!! If we have a girl they can get married!!
Holly,
I love the pictures. Your family looks great. I hope you recover quickly. He is so sweet and super cute. I am glad we were able to talk.
What a beautiful boy! Congrats!
Congrats! So cute, I am so happy you went with Hayzen!! Such a cute name!!
Love Ya
Congratulations Holly! I love all that hair. Your family picture is adorable. Good work you two!
AWWWW, so SWEET!! Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy. He is such a cutie and your kids just look like they are in love. Hope you are recovering quickly and doing well!
I love all the black hair!!!
Congrats Holly! That is so exciting! I'm bummed you had to have a c-section, it sounds like your placenta problem resolved itself if you weren't scheduled but then to have one anyway...boo! The recovery is no fun, but not as bad as you'd think. You're little guy is so cute!!
HOlly! I'm so glad! I'm sorry I didn't check earlier--I've been out of town. He is perfect, and I think he might even look a little like you. Shocker! He's adorable. I love the shirts you got your kids! Where did you get them?
Congrats!
Congrats! He is a cutie, we will have to come visit. How fun, I am glad your kiddos like him.
How fun for you - I haven't been on for ages! Ever since i got on Facebook I haven't blogged. Get on Facebook! Anyway, Congrats! Sorry about the C Section - I've had two, not too bad, I hope it's not for you. Have fun with that cute babe!!
Post a Comment