We had a lovely time on Avery's preschool field trip. We went to the Sweet's Candy Factory. They gave us a tour and we got to sample some of their delicious candies. It was very interesting to see how the candy is made. Did you know that cinnamon bears are made from cornstarch molds shaped like little bears? Yes it's true! They fill a tray with cornstarch and then use another tray with cinnamon bear shapes on it to make the indents in the cornstarch. Then the cinnamon bear candy jelly stuff is poured into the cornstarch molds. Once the cinnamon bears are set, they use a huge fan to blow off all the cornstarch and then they rub a tiny bit of oil on them to get any remaining powder off. Very interesting! And did you know that all jelly beans start out a white-ish clear-ish color? Well, yes they do. The color and flavoring are added at the very end of the process. Who knew?
We got to wear these fancy hair nets, pretty sweet!
Avery insisted I take her picture in front of all the candy! She's just like her Mama!
Best buddies! Reese, Camille and Avery.
We learned a lot and had a great time. At the end of the tour the kids each got a little bag of the Sweet's Salt Water Taffy, one of the candies they are most famous for you know! Of course we couldn't leave the factory without purchasing our own Sweet's candy. And that we did!
4th of July
4 weeks ago











6 comments:
How fun! What preschool is she in? Carissa is doing preschool, but they never go on fun fieldtrips, in fact they have never gone on a fieldtrip. I think we are really missing out.
That looks like fun! I would love to take my kids there. Especially because of my love or weakness (whatever you want to call it) for chocolate!!
YUM~ I love Sweet's Candies. Jon's mom worked there MANY years ago... What a fun tour through the factory.
Yummy! This is just a pre school?? I need to check out pre-schools! Did you put Avery in at 3? So fun. And might I say, you all look very dashing in your hair nets! :)
How cool,can anyone take a tour?
I love the picture of Camille, Reese, and Avery. They are so cute! So fun to have such good friends. Hopefully we'll stay in touch for many years. They need to be friends forever:)
Post a Comment