Which should I start with first??? Mmmm, I'll guess I'll start with the exciting news!
And the exciting news is.....
Quinney is now binky free!!! Hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray!!! We are so proud of Quinney, he has done so well. It wasn't really planned, at least not until he wasn't sick anymore, but now it's done so we don't have to fret about it anymore. What a relief! Here's what happened, we were down to our last binky. I was being so careful not to lose it because I knew it needed to last us until we got rid of it for good, there is no way I was going to buy more! So, last week when it came time for bed we asked Quinn where his BB was. (that's what he calls it) Well, we searched and searched and searched for 30 minutes at least. The binky was no where, and I mean NO WHERE to be found. Like I mentioned before, I had planned on taking it away soon so I was prepared with a little somethin somthin. :) I originally was going to do the "mail binky fairy" idea where you make a box, put the binky in it, set it out for the "mail fairy" and the next morning you go out and the binky is gone but the fairy leaves something special for your child. I had already gotten Quinney something special, a snuggly (a really really soft 12"x12" blanket thingy that we call snuggly) to put in the box. When we couldn't find the binky, Justin and I had to pick between two choices: #1 I could run over to Wal-Mart, buy another binky and save the day, or #2 I could offer him the snuggly in place of his binky. We chose to try number two. To our much anticipated surprise, it worked. He went right to sleep without even a peep. Wahoo! He has asked for it a few times since and I just tell him, "it's lost remember, now you have your snuggly to sleep with instead." A sad "o-ta" is what he usually replies with. We are so happy that he is doing so well without his best buddy, his BB. Way to go Quinney guy!!! My only concern now is that we have not, let me repeat that, we HAVE NOT yet found it. I have no idea where he would have stashed it, Justin and I have searched this house high and low several times trying to prevent a disaster from happening, which would be, Quinn finding his long lost BB and thinking he could just pick up where he left off. Please NO!!! Anywho, we are celebrating the present and hoping and praying that we find it first before he does! :)
Good-bye BB, good-bye!
Now onto the sad story.
On Sunday evening Avery and Quinn were just playing around as usual. Quinn tripped on a pillow and crashed his face right into one of his very hard toys. To make a long story short, his nose started bleeding, his mouth started filling up with blood and then I discovered a huge gash/hole under his top lip right where that skinny piece of skin attaches your lip to your gums. His top lip started swelling up immediately and you can imagine how big it actually got! Poor thing, it was bleeding so bad. We finally got it to stop bleeding and got Quinn calmed down. I wanted to take him to the emergency room, it really looked yucky, but I called my Mom and she said she didn't think they could do anything, like stitches, inside your mouth unless it went all the way through. So, using my better judgement, I decided not to traumatize my child more by taking him to the emergency room where I'm sure we'd have to wait forever just to have them tell me they couldn't do anything. I've tried not to look at it too much because it causes him pain, obviously, and it's still pretty swollen, but yesterday morning it seemed to look a little better except his gums above his right front tooth, they looked horrible. They were all dark red and dark purple and looked seriously painful, although he seems to be dealing with the pain quite well. Today however is a different story, when I looked at it, I was so sad. It looks so painful and that skinny piece of skin I was talking about is practically non-existent. There is a chunk of skin/fat that is hanging down in-between his two front teeth. (he has a good sized gap, always has:)) And the gums above his right front tooth are white now, probably not a good sign! It looks ugly! I tried to get him into see the doctor today with no such luck, hopefully tomorrow. I'm just worried that his little mouth is going to have permanent damage, poor little thing! Wish us luck!
4th of July
4 weeks ago











8 comments:
Oh, I'm so sorry! Good luck with Quinn! But congrats about the binkie!!!!!! I have binkie babies too so I understand how huge this is. So awesome!!!
I'm so sorry about Quinn. I hope that everything will be okay with him. It's so hard to see your kids hurt. It breaks my heart. Congrats on the binkie though.
Yeah Quinn! What a good feeling to not have to worry about a binkie. I'll let you know when I get there :( That's sad about his mouth, hopefully it's white only because it is swollen and nothing else. Let me know if you need anything. Like if Avery wants to come play while you take Quinny to the doc.
That sounds so painful... Poor little guy. Keep giving him lots of loves, and he'll get through it just fine.:)
Poor little guy! I hope he'll heal up quickly!
Poor Quinn. I sure hope it is nothing serious and he gets better soon. Yesterday must have been a day for falls Landon decided to fall down our one step and smacked his head on something. He has a giant goose egg with a dark purple line down it in the middle of his forehead. Congrats with the binkie, I remember going through that and it sounds like he is doing very well. Yeah!
Way to go on getting rid of the binky! That's so funny that we were both going through that experience at the same time. Pathetic that my kid is like a year older than yours!
My dentist husband is going to be interested to hear about Quinn's mouth. Blood and gore coming from the mouth always fascinates him, so keep us updated.
Holly! I thought for sure the good news was going to be that you were pregnant! Dang it! Oh well, maybe next time...
~T
Post a Comment