Monday, July 7, 2008

Bear Lake ~ 4th of July ~ fun fun fun!

This last week has been very busy for our little family and this next week is even going to be busier!!! It seems like we are just going from one event to the next and it doesn't look like it is going to slow down anytime soon, at least not until July is over! So much to post so little time! :) I guess I'll just start where I left off and that would be Avery's birthday! She was so excited to have a special present saved from her Dora Fiesta party to open on her real birthday, she got a Princess Scooter. Surprisingly I didn't take any pictures of her riding it (I know, I've failed as a mother:)) but she sure loves it!!! That night we took her out to dinner, she picked Applebee's. I did manage to get a picture when they came to sing their fabulous birthday song to her though. (that counts for something right?:))

She was pleased as punch, isn't she adorable!

The next day, Thursday to be exact, we headed off to Bear Lake for the 4th of July holiday. We were the first one's to get to the condo, most of the family came up Friday afternoon-ish. But on Thursday we ate dinner, we went to the park, Avery rode her new Princess Scooter, Quinn rode his 4-wheeler, we stayed up talking WAY to late with Kristen and Justin (my brother and sister-in-law) and then went to bed.

After everyone got there on Friday we spent our 4th of July relaxing, swimming at the pool, and then watched the fireworks.....





Dinking around waiting for the fireworks to start.....


Piggy back rides from her cousin Josh!

My family is sooooo photogenic aren't they?.....ugghhh!!!

After the fireworks we put the kids to bed and then stayed up talking even later then the night before, I think it was about 2:30 when I finally rolled into bed, thanks Kristen!!! :)

Saturday was beach day! We played in the sand, built sandcastles, played in the freezing water, and rode the jet skies.





Sunday we had a little cake and ice cream for the two 4th of July-ers in the family, Tayler and Avery, Happy Birthday ladies!!!

Avery got some really fun gifts so thank you thank you to everyone!!! Especially a big thanks to Tayler for sharing her birthday this year with Avery and making it special for her!

Later that evening we played a lovely game of crockett and then went on a 4-wheeler ride up in the hills above Sweetwater. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't mind having a cabin up there on the hill so if anyone knows of someone that wants to give one away for FREE, I'm in the market! he he!:)

This morning we went down to the beach for a bit to play in the sand and ride the jet skies before we had to leave. Wow, this was just this morning, weird! It seems like at least a couple of days ago! Anyway, here the kiddies are building yet another sand castle.....

Quinn and his cousin Braden relaxing in the sun/Quinn fake sleeping! :)

We had such a good time!!! Thanks Gee and Dee for the fun weekend!!! Now that I've just unpacked all the stuff from Bear Lake, did all the laundry, it's time to go pack it all back up for Park City tomorrow. Me and the kiddies are heading up there for a couple of days with Justin's family while he gets to stay home and work, BOO!!!:( We wish he could come, darn work and no vacation days!!!

9 comments:

The Hobbs said...

I stopped by for a moment - still no time! I own a business called Expressive Video Scrapbooking (on the side) that is consuming my midnight hours with kids in bed. It looks like you had a blast for the 4th. Oh, I think Anna was the one in the video by the pool. Shalice is the one with me on the blow up obstacle course.

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Looks like so much fun!! I love the one of Justin and the kids. You did realize him and Avery were pulling the same face. Who taught Quinny to fake sleep? I try to ge Olivia to do it but shes not so good at it yet.

Rosie Moncrief said...

Of course Quinny fakes sleeps! I wouldn't expect anything less!! To funny! Have fun in Park City. I'll be up there friday night if you are still there! I have to work at the outdoor festival!

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun Holly. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend at Clark Chew. :)

Anonymous said...

That looked like alot of fun!! You guys are lucky to have such great parents (ha, ha)!! I hope we have as much fun at the Thompson retreat. I think it will be great, alittle more primative with snakes and spiders and such, but hey, that's what makes memories!**!

Anonymous said...

I guess my name must be anonymous! I obviously didn't do something right but I think you guessed who wrote the comment. Love, Mom

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a blast! I love your two little kiddies- not only are they darling, but they have tonz of personality! Isn't the resort wonderful? You can swim at the beach and then wash off in the pool! ;)

LATIMER FAMILY said...

Your kids are so adorable! We too seem to be jumping from one event to the next, just trying to keep up with my fam, his fam, and our fam - way busy but we wouldn't have it any other way - right?

Jennifer said...

Looks like you are very busy, but it also looks like a lot of fun. At least you are better than me at taking pictures. I have gotten better in that I now take the camera with me, but I never remember to take it out and take pictures. One of these days I will get better and not just haul the camera around for some extra weight. That's all I need one more thing to carry around.