Seeing me after my latest incident, you would have mistaken me for an 80 year old lady. I am certain of it.
I couldn't walk, couldn't stand, couldn't sit, couldn't lay down, couldn't get up, couldn't pick Levi up, couldn't carry Levi, couldn't move, couldn't pick my nose, HA! just kidding, but if you can believe it, the list goes on and on.
Since when do 32 year olds throw their back out doing, well... nothing. Absolutely nothing!!
Since I had strep throat, a double ear infection and pink eye at the beginning of the new year {yes, that's right, all 3 at once -- this has been an awesome year so far :/ }, my fitness goals got put on hold. When I was finally feeling better from that, I started up my exercise routine. Because of my lovely exercise induced anaphylaxis condition I developed a few years ago, I can't do anything real vigorous that will make my heart rate get to high or I will have a severe allergic reaction. SO LAME! It's fun to try and lose weight when you're basically allergic to exercise, let me tell ya!
Anywho, I pushed myself as much as I dared on the ole' treadmill downstairs but felt fine afterward. As the day went on, I started having a little pain in my lower back. After I made and got dinner in the oven it was hurting worse so I sat down on the couch until dinner was done and the oven timer went off. When I went to get up, I couldn't. It hurt SO bad to move. So weird! I got down on the floor and did a few stretches to try and make it feel better but by the next morning, I could hardly even walk. I was in major, major pain with no relief no matter how I moved, sat, stood or laid. I was trying my hardest to get the kids ready for school when finally the pain in my back was so severe that my legs gave out and I flopped to the floor. I scared Avery and Quinn half to death. They were so worried about me, they thought I was dying. Poor traumatized kids! Sheesh!
Needless to say, I've had a not-so-awesome last few weeks. Many trips to the chiropractor {which I've never had to go to before in my life}, lots of stretching, lots of icing, lots of praying, and I'm finally feeling like I don't have to be an 80 year old anymore. The chiropractor said it was probably a number of things added together that caused my back to go out. One of which was weak stomach muscles from my two c-sections -- and one of the two being done only 9 months ago. Dang you c-sections! I can trace all my problems back to those darn c-sections!! :)
The kids were so good to help me with Levi and do as much as they could by themselves without help from Mom. Quinney LOVED taking care of Levi and was the best little babysitter. He carried him around, played with him and even fed him sometimes.
Levi rather enjoyed all the attention and the extra TLC he was getting from his big brother. He basked in happiness the whole time!











2 comments:
Oh Holly..that is awful! Glad you're feeling better. sounds like your kids are as nice as you are!
I'm glad you are doing better. What a scare that was when you called and said you couldn't walk. Your great friends rescued you and helped out or I don't know what you would have done. The kids were wonderful to help with Levi and the other things that they could do to help out. Hope that doesn't ever happen again!
Post a Comment