Friday, July 8, 2011

We went to the ZOO!

We LOVE going to the zoo! It's one of our favorite places to visit! Yesterday we went with Kristen, Madelyne and Savannah and had a fabulous time.



The elephants were being so cute together. The bigger elephant would eat the hay in the hanging basket, spilling some all over the baby elephant :) and the ground in the process, and the other elephant would sweep up the hay on the ground with her trunk and eat that. They've got their system down pat! :)


See, the cute little babe is covered in green hay. So cute!


Riding the carousel at the zoo is always a treat. Avery and Madelyne rode giraffes, Quinney was on a ladybug, Savannah rode an anteater and Hayzen a zebra.



Hayzen looks a little worried. . .


Nope, nothin' to be worried about!




Avery and Madelyne had a grand ole' time collecting treasures all over the zoo. "Never mind the animals, where can I find another flower to pick and sniff up my nose?" :)


And of course, what would a trip to the zoo be without the train ride?


I really can't pick my favorite animal at the zoo because I love them all, but, the monkeys/gorillas/orangutans are pretty darn high on the list. They are so stinkin' cute, I could just eat em' up! They have such fun little personalities and I find myself standing in front of their cages with a huge perma-grin. I love them.

What a fun day! I love the zoo!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We need to get together w/ you guys- I can't believe how big Hayzen's getting! We too love the zoo! Glad you had a good time!

Rosie Moncrief said...

Holly you are looking tan and fabulous!!!!!!!!

Kristen said...

WOW! My kids are pasty gansters next to your little gumpers! Thanks for going with us it was so fun even though it did take us like 2 hrs to get to the first exhibit:) Love ya! Oh, ya and Gymboree sucks! Never thought I'd say that but there ya go!