Yesterday we celebrated Hayzen's first birthday with a big barnyard shin dig! What a fun party!
This is the cute invitation for his big celebration.
This is the cute invitation for his big celebration.
Avery was so cute and wanted to make decorations with me for the party. So while I made the "Hayzen is one!" birthday banner, she crafted these cute decorations of her own. I LOVE the rooster on top of the barn and the hay in front, so cute!
I am so happy with the cake, I just think it turned out so cute. This was my first two tiered cake with fondant and let me just say, it was harder than I thought it would be! But well worth it in the end, it was adorable if I do say so myself!
I made the cute little animals pictured on the invitation out of fondant, the horse is my favorite.
The cow is pretty darn cute too.
So is the pig.
And I'm so happy with how the little sheep turned out too! I just love them all!
What a cute cake!!!
The grub for our barnyard birthday shin dig.
The cute birthday boy!
It took Hayzen a few presents to get the idea of what to do and how to do it, but he got the hang of it pretty fast.
Where's Hayzen?
There he is!
Where's Hayzen?
There he is!
That game could have went on for hours!
We had a horse pinata for the kids, here's Quinney getting ready to take his best shot.
The other game we played was called the "Hayzen Quiz". I asked six questions about our birthday boy and whoever got the most right won a prize.
The questions were:
1. How much does he weigh? 18 lbs. 3 oz.
2. What's his least favorite vegetable? carrots
3. How many teeth does he have? 6 -4 on top, 2 on bottom
4. What's his favorite game to play? peek-a-boo
5. Where is his birthmark? on his neck under his left ear
6. Name one of Hayzen's three favorite things to crawl to that are forbidden. Ruby's food, heat vents and door stoppers
Mom and Tammy tied with 4 right answers. Great job you two!
Time for the birthday boy to dig in to his first birthday cake. When I first put his cake in front of him all he wanted to do was lift up the plate and play with it, he didn't even care about the cake. Silly fella, don't you know that that's white cake with buttercream frosting?! :)
"Mmmmm, that's yummy."
"But I'm done."
"I like the chocolate cake better."
Hayzen must take after his big brother because Quinney sure was enjoying his chocolate cake!
At the end of the party we handed out the party favors. Mmmm, looks tasty!
I still can't believe it's been a whole year since we had our Hayzen boy, it's gone by so fast. He is my sweet little brown-eyed, button nosed boy and I love him SO much. He is my joy everyday, my little Hayzen baby.
Happy 1st Birthday sweet baby boy!











15 comments:
WOW! I'm so uncrafty that it's not even funny. I'm totally jealous. :) So cute! How did you learn to do that cake?
That was one fun party!! Thanks for all your hard work it turned out perfect. What a cute birthday boy!!
Oh my word that is an adorable party! I love it all. And may I add you are amazing in the cake department girly! Such a cute birthday boy too! A year goes by so fast doesn't it!?
Holl, I'm so impressed!!! The cake is darling! You did a fantastic job. I now know who to call when I need an awesome cake! What a fun party! Happy Birthday Hayzen!!
So cute! I might have to steal the party theme when my little guy turns one. I love it!!
Holly - what an amazing party, and a beautiful family. Love to read your blog!!!
I love the barnyard theme! So adorable! And that cake is to die for! You did a great job!
Your cake turned out so cute! You are always so crafty Holly. Happy Birthday Hayzen!!
Such a cute party! I just might have to steal some of your ideas, if I ever have a boy. Your cake is awesome!
Oh my Holly! What a way cute party!!!! I am so not that crafty but LOVE IT!!! I love the cake I want to learn to make them so bad!
OK, that is the cutest party I have ever seen. I can't believe you made that cake. It's too cute to eat. You should be a party planner and I'd pay you to plan our parties because I HATE throwing birthday parties.
Thanks everybody for the nice comments! It was a fun party to put together, a lot of work, but fun. Would you even believe that I didn't do everything I had originally planned, there was more! :)
Your cake turned out great. It is so cute. If I am guessing right it looks like you went to a lot of work making decorations, party hats, and the cake. Not to mention doing the food. You are so talented. It looks like it was lots of fun and Hayzen is so cute. I can't believe he is already a year old.
Great job on such a cute party! Way to go Holly! He is just a little guy. I took Kinzi to her check up and she weighs 21 lbs.
Cute Stuff!!! I sure do love a good themed party! The cake is amazing too!
Post a Comment