Friday, June 11, 2010

~ Fun & Adventure Jars ~

Julie emailed me this cute idea to do with my kids for the summer. What a great idea, Avery and Quinn LOVE stuff like this! But really, who wouldn't? I had just as much fun making the jars and thinking up fun summer-ie things to put inside as Avery and Quinn have had picking a slip of paper out each day.


I get just as excited as they do anticipating what the fun activity will be for the day. And we all love Sunday night so we can see what our great adventure will be that week too!


But before we can pick an activity out of the fun jar each day, I've got a strict schedule to enforce. :) A little structure never hurt anybody, right?

.....not to mention the fact that I happen to LOVE making lists and schedules!


Avery too loves a good schedule, just like her Mama! She takes it very serious and is so good at making her bed and straightening her room before she comes downstairs. She even laid out her dance outfit in preparation for her little dance class later that morning. That's my girl!


Aww, this just makes me smile, she is just the cutest!

3 comments:

JaCee said...

oh, for the love of every piece of lint organized and in it's respective spot... :) i love that she's like you!

Mom said...

I think that is a great idea!! Nothing like having a little motivation to get the jobs and chores done. What a fun way to spend summer days.

Carolyn Hanson said...

Great idea, Holly!