Saturday we started the day off with an Easter Egg hunt at the City Park. There were SO many people there it was crazy. Luckily, our town does a pretty good job of spreading out tons of goods all over the grass for the kids.
I know this isn't the greatest picture but I have to put it on the blog for documentaional reasons! :) Last year Quinn was TERRIFIED of the Easter Bunny and would not even get close for a picture. This year however, as you can see, he didn't mind walking right up to the Bunny and standing right next to her for a picture. My little boy is growing up!
P.S. I have no idea who that little girl is on the right, WE were next in line for a picture, her Mom just shoved her in there and got the attention of the Bunny right as I was taking the picture, NICE! I hope she enjoys my kids in her picture as much as I enjoy hers in mine! :)
When we got home from the egg hunt that lasted all but 2 minutes, we colored our Easter eggs!
(For some unknown reason this picture of the kids dying their eggs is not showing up, just imagine it here instead!) :)
All done.
Testing the eggs. The verdict is.....Yummy!
Later that afternoon we headed up to good old Cache Valley to a little slice of heaven on earth called Mendon. :) (sappy but true!) My Mom and Dad had their annual Easter Egg hunt for the grandkids, we ate a delicious dinner with the fam, and then my Mom told the Easter story of Jesus.
And NO, I'm not due tomorrow, I still have about 6-8 weeks left thank you very much! :)
Easter morning! Avery was so excited to find her hidden basket from the Easter Bunny that she woke up at 6:45 am -- you'd think it was Christmas or something! :) We talked her into waiting until 7:30 when we woke Quinn up. (we have 9:00 church!)
Some sidewalk chalk and a kite to share.
Getting a cute picture where both my kids are looking AND smiling (a decent smile anyway) at the camera at the same time is nearly impossible! I did my best!
Here is our sorry attempt to get a family shot all together.....
Ugh! LOL! How pathetic! :)
Easter Sunday also happened to be my 29th birthday. Justin gave me the surprise of the century, I am SO EXCITED!!! He gave me tickets to see WICKED!!! WAHOO!! I actually started to cry when I opened the envelope, I was so surprised, I have been telling him for awhile how bad I wanted to see it! I CANNOT WAIT TO GO! After church he made me a yummy "made to order" lunch and then gave me a complimentary foot rub. Isn't he such a sweetheart? Thanks honey for making my birthday special, you're the BEST!
Later in the day we headed out to Mom and Dad Smith's house where they had another fun Easter egg hunt for the kids and then we ate a delicious Easter dinner. Yum-O! I didn't take my camera or you'd see more Easter egg hunt pictures! he he! :)
Phew, what a long post! But afterall, we did have a great Easter weekend!
P.S. For some reason the spell checker is acting up and I can't get it to work, dang it! So forgive me if anything is mis-spelled! :)
4th of July
4 weeks ago











13 comments:
Oh your kiddo's Easter attire is simply ADORABLE!! I would love to co-ordinate outfits between siblings. TOO CUTE! Fun, fun, Easter!
I'm glad you and your family had a great weekend! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY! I didn't even know.. well I am glad it was special its always hard having your birthday fall on a holiday... well hopefully the rain will go away and we will see you out soon
The outfit color coordination is lovely!
I knew your outfits would be the cutest! I love Avery's dress!! I'm glad you had a lovely Easter and a great b-day. What a thoughtful guy you have!
Happy Birthday! Looks like a great weekend. Love all your cute outfits~
Happy late birthday! I'm glad you had a good one though and I thought it was so cute how ALL of you matched at church on Sunday wih everyone wearing some sort of orange!! Very cute idea!! I loved, loved Avery's dress and her hair was so cute too and quinn looked handsome as usual...you guys make cute kids!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ya young'in. :) Sounds like your easter was splendiferous and you look so cute in your pregginess, I'm jealous (not of being pregnant, but of looking cute while being pregnant...whew, don't want any misunderstandings here!).
You are one hot pregnant lady!! I love all the family photos, hee hee!! You will love WICKED!! It's so good!
Love it! You look so cute! I love preggy pix. Olivia has the same easter sandals as Avery. So cute.
CUTE CUTE CUTE matching Easter wardrobes! Wicked is the best! Good job, Justin!!
Your preggo belly looks so cute, and no you don't look like you are due tommorrow!! I haven't seen you in a long time. I can't wait for this weekend.
Guess what, I'm going to see Wicked also. I am very excited.
Cute Easter outfits for your kids. They look adorable, as always.
i love your melon-y orange matchyness! You are adorable with a little leech growing inside you! one of these days...i want to see you!
I love your perfectly match easter outfits. My kids were lucky to get clean clothes out of the laundry :). Actually my mom did get them dresses--black and white ones. Not so springy, but I can't remember the last time they got clothes for Easter. I'm such a bad mom!!
Post a Comment