This is what happens when we send our kids out to the garage and tell them to climb into their seats in the car.....
.....they think they're so clever and funny!
(and no, our car is not really pale pink)
My son is obsessed with cars, keys and going to work. He has decided that one of the cupboards in the entertainment center is his "tie". That's how he says car. He gets his keys, tells me, "bye Mom, (or Holly) I'm going to work" and then climbs into his "tie" and off he goes. It's all pretty cute if you ask me!
He also loves Justin's car and calls it "Daddy's work". Whenever Justin comes home Quinney will always ask, "can I dive Daddy's work?" :)
This is such a fun age, I just love this little guy of mine!
On to my next subject:
*Lists*
How many of you make lists?
Well, I must admit, making lists is one of my favorite things to do! Really it is! I don't know, I just really like the satisfaction of crossing the item off as soon as it's accomplished or put into the cart at the store. I also like feeling organized and prepared, pair that with a little OCD and there you have my fetish for list making! :)
I make lists for EVERYTHING! Most of the time I have more than one list going at the same time. For instance, right now I have 3 going. (well, 3 major ones anyway) :)
They are entitled:
1. "Things to do BEFORE babe #3 is here!" 
2. "Justin's MBA Graduation Party May 1st 2009" HOORAY!!! 
3. "Things needed to finish summer wardrobe for the kids" --luckily I hit a few sales and got a little summer shopping in before I was put on bed rest or this list might be a lot longer!
Whenever I pull out my notebook or shopping list tablet Justin just gives me the dreaded look and says something along the lines of, "please, not another list". I just laugh and say, "you love me Justin!" :)
Anywho, I have been obsessed with list #1 lately. Call it nesting or whatever you'd like, but I cannot get this stuff done fast enough. They only damper is, I am still on "partial bed rest". I've decided I really don't like the word bed rest anymore!...or two words rather. I am still restricted to do heavy cleaning, lifting or even long shopping outings. Justin has been fan-diddly-tastic in taking care of pretty much ALL the cleaning, laundry, lifting and things I'm not allowed to do but we have a problem folks. He is only home a certain amount of hours in a day and with his church calling, finishing up his last semester of his MBA program (class and homework time) and taking care of the "everyday household duties" let's face it, he doesn't have much time left (poor guy) to help get things crossed off my oh so important lists. Do you see my dilemma?
We spent a good portion of the morning on Saturday, while listening to conference, cleaning out and storing Avery and Quinn's fall and winter clothes but there were a few things that needed to be washed before being stored so alas I didn't get to cross it off the list yet. I will not cross anything off the list until it is COMPLETELY completed! :)
I'm totally weird!
And finally, I just have one more thought to share on this rambling post and then I'll stop.
Lately my daughter has given me a very non-flattering nickname. It started off quite innocent and almost enduring. You see, whenever she'd get the loving urge to run over to me and give one of her sweet hugs she'd say, "ma ma, moe moe, moo moo".
Don't ask me where she got that, apparently she's just as weird as her mother! :)
Over the course of several days the sweet nickname got shortened however. Now it's just "Ma-moo" ..... and she calls me this all the time. It's practically replaced "Mom" or "Mommy" all together.
You know, really it's not that bad, but considering my current state of being nearly 8 months pregnant it's really starting to get to me. I've decided not to say anything about it or make a big deal about it to her because I'm hoping that it will just disappear as fast as it appeared.
Oh well, what's a Ma-moo like me to do?
4th of July
4 weeks ago











9 comments:
I'm pretty sure I saw my name on the list of party guest right! If it makes you feel better about being a cow, my niece came up to me a month after having Olivia and asked if I was having another baby. Now that was great!!!!
At least she doesn't tell you you smell like one!! When I was a reading aide at Wellsville Elem. one oh,so precious kindergartner told one of the aides that she smelled like a dairy cow! Oh, and that is not all. The next day that same sweet child told her that she looked like an Umpa Lumpa!! Kids...ya gotta love 'em.
I enjoyed this post, Holly, because like you, I am a list-maker! I can relate to that oh-so-wonderful feeling of getting things done and being able to cross that off the list! Looks like you have a lot to do-best of luck!
Holly, you are just such a cutie. I too make lists constantly, but if I can't cross things off, then I toss them and start a new one. :) You should call my dad and make him come clean your carpets, then you can scratch that one off your list!
I'm excited to see you and your little pregger self in a couple of weeks! Feels like forever!
I better be invited to that party too!! hahaha!!!
You have a friend in me...it was like reading a bio of myself and lists. How I can't cross it off until I'm totally done! How I put small and big things to make myself seem more productive. How I separate EVERYTHING so it looks like I got more done. I think everyone else are the crazy ones, what do you think?
Look how organized you are! You can start some lists for me, I'm sure I could use some organization! If it makes you feel better Brylee always asks me if I have a baby girl in my stomach! I certainly hope not!!!! Good thing we love them.
you are fun hol! remember our lists from the good 'ol days at pal? :)
Don't kids have a knack at finding your insecurities and exploiting them? I get asked or told "Mommy, you have A LOT of owies on your face. Why do you have so many owies and Crystal doesn't? Does Daddy EVER get owies on his face? They don't stay, though. His go away, and yours stay." To which, I mumble "I love my kids. I love my kids. I love my kids . . ."
The joys of motherhood :)
Post a Comment