Monday, December 29, 2008

Three days of fun fun fun!

We had a fabulous Christmas this year!!! Here are a few of the highlights...

~~~Christmas Eve @ Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house~~~

Ready for the Christmas festivities to start...


Look who showed up at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house after dinner!


About 2 weeks before Christmas, Avery decided she wanted a Turtle. I thought she'd just forget about it in a couple of days and start saying she wanted something else. Well, that didn't happen. I then saw how serious she was about the whole turtle thing so I told her that Santa Claus doesn't bring live animals because he doesn't have anywhere to put them on his sleigh. That's was an okay answer right? Anyway, then she started to say that she wanted a stuffed turtle. And that's what she told Santa when she sat on his knee...


The look on Quinn's face in this picture is CLASSIC!!! He sat there the entire time just like that! Santa tried to talk to him, ask him question, turn his chin, basically tried to do anything to get his attention. Quinn refused to look at him, or respond to anything Santa would say, or anyone else for that matter, he just sat there just like that! But I must say, I'm pretty proud of my little guy, he actually sat on Santa's lap which is more than I was expecting him to do!!! :)


Of course Santa brought each of the kids a present, plus they got to open a present from the cousin that picked their name...



We had a great time! At the end of the night we got our little kidlets into their new Christmas jammies and headed home to set out our stockings and cookies and milk for Santa.

~~~Christmas morning @ our house~~~

The kids were so excited to see that Santa had eaten all the cookies and drank all the milk they left for him. It was so cute to see them so excited!

Avery with her beloved stuffed turtle! After we searched high and low at several different stores, Justin FINALLY found a stuffed turtle at the Quilted Bear (of all places) on Christmas Eve on his lunch break. Phew! Just in the nick of time!


Quinney got this big wheel...


Plus this cool Geo Trax motorized airplane. He loves it, can you tell?...


Here's Avery with her Baby Alive and she's also sporting her new apron that I made her. It turned out so cute! I'm pretty proud of myself :)...


I made Quinn an apron too, I used a denim looking material and a paisley blue bandanna material for the apron and straps and then I put leather fringe along the neck and along the top of the pockets. It turned out really cute, he looks like a little cowboy! I'll have to get a picture of him wearing it one of these times and post it!

~~~Christmas Day @ Grandma and Grandpa Thompson's house~~~

For the Nativity Story this year, Avery was Mary and Quinn was Joseph.



A talent show, exchanging name presents, plus snacking on scrumptious food were also part of the festivities!

Next came a surprise from Grandma and Grandpa, they made each of the grandkids a quilt! Here's Quinn opening his, he loves it, he calls it his "bed".



Avery's turn. As soon as Grandma and Grandpa spreaded out her quilt her and Quinn had to flop all over it, she loves hers too, can you tell?



Perhaps one of the most exciting things about Christmas night was that we got snowed in at my parents house and had to sleepover. I don't know, call me nerdy, but for some reason I think that sort of thing is exciting! There was so much snow, it was crazy!

~~~The day after Christmas @ Grandma and Grandpa Thompson's house~~~

That morning I took some shots of the snow from my parents kitchen and dining room windows. Can you believe the snow, there was a ton!



Since we didn't have our snow clothes we stayed inside and the kids played a tricky game of Twister...



We had a great time! Later that evening we headed for home. Although it was a very scary, snowy, icey mess, we made it home safe and sound.

Another fabulous Christmas to remember!!!

8 comments:

Skye O. said...

wasn't that snow storm fun? I love it too. Your aprons turned out WAY cute!

Jana said...

Looks like a great Holiday!

Jared, Beth, Carter, Maylee and Bridger said...

Looks like you guys had a good Christmas! I love your apron that you made for Avery and can't wait to see the one you made for Quinn! That is a lot of snow, wow!

Trisha said...

I'm sooo glad you guys made it home ok. It was a scary storm. And it looks like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love Quinn's face when he's sitting on Santa's lap by the way! You will have to show me how you made Avery's apron too.

byebyedays said...

Those toys are fun, looks like Santa found your cute kids!:) That storm was not fun driving in, but it was so fun to have all that snow for Christmas.

Rosie Moncrief said...

Yay for Christmas fun!!

Kourt said...

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I love Avery's apron, I got a cute apron for Christmas too! It was good talking to you on the phone!

Melissa said...

I love her apron! I want to make one for myself just like it.
I must tell you (without the permission of my manly husband) that Jon is sorely missing Justin, already. He got off the phone with him after talking about the game and said, "I miss Justin, it's just not the same talking sports over the phone." I feel like I just moved my 10 year old boy away from all his school friends:) I reminded him that we can still get together, so we need to have you guys over real soon!