Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas is in the air!

On the Saturday after Thanksgiving, my sister Carrie and my niece Taysia came to sleepover. Carrie stayed with the kids while Justin and I went out to dinner with some friends to the Spaghetti Factory. We were also planning on heading over the Temple Square to see the lights but scratched that plan when dinner lasted almost 3 hours! And we even had reservations at 6:00! Oh well, after all, there were 20 of us, plus it was a Saturday night, poor restaurant was so busy! We are planning on taking our kids down to see the lights at Temple Square anyway, so it was okay that we didn't get to see them. When we got home, Carrie and I worked on our advent calendars while Avery and Taysia had a sleepover on the living room floor under the Christmas tree. Look how cute they are sleeping away with their arms flopped on each other.....


Here is my finished advent calendar, well almost, I don't have the numbers on the squares yet but I will soon. Thanks Keesha for the great idea, it turned out so cute! Avery and Quinn get so excited to see what the surprise is for the day, from the moment Avery wakes up she is asking me if it's time to open the square!


We've had our Christmas tree in the living room set up and decorated since Saturday. But finally last night, I got all my Thanksgiving/Fall decorations put away and Justin hauled up all my Christmas stuff from the basement that I've been collecting over the years, including another tree for our family room. I'm pretty sure I could decorate a small 3rd world country with all my Christmas decor! What do you think???.....


I know I already have A LOT, but I can hardly resist a cute snowman decor (snowmen are my favorite) or a jolly old Santa decor. However, I am proud to say that this year I have not purchased one Christmas decor item, and I don't plan too. (well, except the cute wooden snowman wall hanging that I made for Super Saturday) :) Justin said to me last night while he was taking several trips up and down the stairs, "where are we going to put all this stuff?" My reply was, "well it fit last year, so I suppose we can make it fit again." he he!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a few Christmas decorations to put up!!!

12 comments:

Jana said...

Your calendar is so cute! What a fun idea!

Brooke said...

That advent calender is so cute! What are you putting under the squares? I can't believe how many decorations you have! How fun!

Keesha said...

Your calendar turned out way cute, good job! I agree with you, can you really ever have to many christmas decorations?

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Oh how I love Christmas decor!! I could collect stuff for every room in my house. It is quite amazing how all the decorations do get stored somewhere throughout the year, isn't it??

Rosie Moncrief said...

What a fun night! Cool calendar!

Trisha said...

I will have to come and see your cute decorations! I LOVE putting up Christmas decor it's my favorite thing to do every year!! Not so much Ben's cause he hauls it all up and down from the basement too! Your calendar is way cute you'll have to share how you made it! :)

Tammy said...

Oh good! Now I don't have to have a cousin sleepover under the tree. I was going to, but I think that the tradition has run its course. By the way Hol, I can't see your words very good on your posts. Maybe you could lighten them up a bit :o) Isn't that a cute smiley face with a nose?

Carolyn Hanson said...

Cute Advent! You are so creative. Can I request a few pics posted of your Christmas decor after you've put it all up? You always decorate so cute-I'd love to see it!

Suzy Tranter said...

Well shoot, one of my favorite Mendon ladies of all time!! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog! I actually found some old camp pics myself...pretty sure your 90% of why I enjoyed girls camp! Your kids are so stinkin cute!! So glad we have blogs to keep in touch!

Jennifer said...

Your calendar is so cute! What is it made out of? I love Christmas decor too. Could I get you to email me your address? Brian has decided that he wants to do Christmas cards this year. Doesn't that sounds like fun?

Drew and Jenny said...

I was so excited to see your post! Gosh I miss cruisin through your Mendon coldesac on my banana bike! Your kids are amazingly cute and it's so great to see your little fam and what you're up to! I hope the decoration putting up went well!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

I love the picture of the girls sleeping!! Yes I think you have way more decor than one person should ever have!!!