Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yeah, Disney on Ice

We had such a fun time last Saturday! Avery and I went to Disney on Ice, and Justin and Quinn went to the Discovery Gateway Museum. We didn't think Quinn would sit there that long so Justin opted to take him to the Museum instead. :) Justin did take pictures of their little outing but he used the film camera so they are in the process of getting developed, when I get them back I will share them too. He said that every time he got the big ole' camera out to take a picture, people would stare at him like he was in the dark ages or something, have people already forgotten those camera's? :) He said it was pretty funny!

Disney on Ice!!!

Before we went down to find our seats we stopped off at the consession stand to get us a drink and a big old bucket of popcorn! Here is cute Avery in her seat anxiously awaiting the skating to start.


Just the two of us!


It was such a cute and exciting show! We saw tons of different Disney characters from Lion King to Pinocchio to Toy Story to Beauty and the Beast to the Incredibles. Here are a few pictures of some of the many fun characters that we saw. Let the skating begin!

The Mickey Mouse gang


Marlin, Dory and Bruce


Belle running from the nasty Beast


Avery loved this part, they had all the princesses and their princes come out one at a time to skate and then they all did a skating number together. See if you can find which one is which in the picture. There's Ariel and Prince Eric, Belle and the (transformed) Beast, Pocahontis and John Smith, Snow White and Prince Charming, Cinderella and her Prince and Jasmine and Aladdin. SO fun! We had great seats too!


Sorry some of these pictures are so dark, but this is Ponocchio. You can also see Jimminey Cricket in the shadows at the bottom of the picture.


Here's Mulan and that fabulous dragon! It looked so neat skating around on the ice, I wonder how many people were under there skating it around!?!


Next came the Lion King. Pumbaa was so stinkin cute!!! He skated on all fours and he would bounce around along the ice, it was so cute to watch!


Timon, Pumbaa, Nala and Simba. Hey how'd you like to wear that Simba costume??? Pretty tight!!! :)


At the end, all the characters came back out for the grand finale!


It was such a fun show!!! I'm so glad I got to take Avery! We LOVED it!!! When Justin asked Avery if she liked it she said, while throwing her arms up into the air, "it was awesome!"

After the show and the Museum, we stopped off at Firehouse Pizzera for a little dinner. YUM-O!!! I am so happy they opened one of these down here now, we have been missing it!


I have to laugh at this picture of myself! If you zoom in on it you'll notice I have a big old somethin somethin stored away for later in the middle of my front teeth! ha ha! And it wasn't even on purpose! (one of my favorite past times is to put something in my teeth on purpose and then talk and smile to the waitress and anyone who walks by!...pretty nerdy I know, but oh so fun!!!)


After dinner, we stopped off at Grandma and Grandpa Smith's house for a visit! What a fun filled family day we had! I loved every minute of it!!! :)

10 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

How fun!! What a great night! I totally want to see disney on ice now. :)

Katy said...

It looks like a lot of fun! You have such a cute little family!

Jana said...

Looks like a great day!

Trisha said...

How fun! Looks like you had a great weekend. I love the ice shows they are so fun. Avery's hair was really cute too!

Jennifer said...

How fun! I wanted to take Carissa to it but decided not to because we had just gone to the circus and I was worried that we would be spending too much money on entertainment things. Now I really wish we had gone. It looks like it would have been fun.

byebyedays said...

Great pictures! That little daughter of yours looks just like YOU! That looks like SO MUCH FUN~ I HAVE TO GO!

Carolyn Hanson said...

Yes, your family is so cute! That looks like a great show too. :)

Carley said...

What a cute blog you have! Glad to see you are a Firehouse fan as well! We just tried it last week...loved it! Looks like guys had a fun night!

Rosie Moncrief said...

"keep the change you filthy animal!" Ha ha! Can't wait to see you for lunch today! Disney on Ice looks like fun!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Looks like fun. We had a great time at lunch on friday. We'll have to plan a night to go see twilight.