Yesterday we celebrated Avery's 4th birthday with a huge Dora Fiesta! Dora the Explorer is one of her favorite "little shows" as she calls them, to watch so she was so excited to have a Dora party. My family came down and we had a scrumptious Mexican feast complete with fiesta chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, 7-layer bean dip, chips and homemade salsa, lemonade, oh and let's not forget, lovely Spanish music playing in the background!
After dinner we played a wicked game of Pin the tail on the Mexican Burro, here are the results.....
There were a few kids that got pretty close but I think they were peeking through the blind fold :)!
Good thing we let Avery have a go at the pinata first because what do you know, she broke it. Boy, that was sure fun for the rest of the cousins, oh well, they really only care about getting the candy anyway right?
Here are all the kids with their loot!
.....minus Quinney, he was doing this.....
Notice the mini pinata in the top right corner of the picture, that's the best I could do to get him in on the pinata scene! Poor little guy, he just clonked out during dinner!
Three little ladies, oh so pretty. (that's a chocolate taffy sticking out of Lily's mouth if you were wondering.)
Present time!!! I realize I posted tons of pictures of her opening her presents but she is just so happy and excited and cute I couldn't help myself!
The CAKE..................yes I made it, and yes Dora is about twice the size of the palm tree.............it's in the sand off in the distance okay!!!
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you........
.....happy birthday dear Avery, happy birthday to you!
After everyone left I ask Avery what she thought about her Dora Fiesta party, she said, "it was all great, my party was wonderful!" :) She also had to call Grandma right before bed and tell her she was wearing her new Ariel nightgown that Grandma and Grandpa gave her. What a cutie!!!
Thanks for coming everyone, and making it a special birthday for our little Avery girl! And thanks for all the gifts too, Avery loved ALL of them! I can even prove it, just take a look at what she's been up to today...........
Plus she's colored at least 5 different times in all her new coloring books, has blown bubbles, played her Buckaroo game, plus a dozen other things, she's been a busy gal today!
***Stay tuned for more birthday fun! We are going to celebrate Avery's birthday with Justin's family this weekend up in Bear Lake plus we still have a special surprise to give her on her actual birthday. Nothing like having a Birthday WEEK!!!
4th of July
4 weeks ago











9 comments:
It's Jon's birthday week too! I don't think he'll be having near as much fun without a Dora party. Cute pics and Happy Birthday Avery!
Looks like a fun party, thanks for inviting me!!! Oh, and I'll post your picture don't worry....
Thanks for the party Holly. It was great! Good times.
Dear Avery,
I hope you had a great birthday! I can't wait to see you again. Maybe next time your mom will invite your best friend to the party!!
Just giving you a little crap Holly. I think I owe you after the picture post. By the way Rosie is armed with some pretty scary pictures so watch out. I believe we have a few of the ones that were taken with the one you posted only you're in them and so are your undies.
Happy Birthday Avery!! Looks like you had a blast.
Your blog is so incredibly cute Holly! Everytime I look at it I think, "Hummmm, I really should do something more with mine:)" Maybe someday. We need to get together sometime!!
What a great time!! And that scrapbook page is beautiful Aves! I wish I had some of that cake!! Love you guys!
Happy Birthday Week, Avery!
The party looked like a hit! We love the CUTE pics (Did Justin make a face about the topless ones? j/k) Fun fun!
I will tell Jason hello for you and tell him to get his butt to Utah!!!
I can't believe its been so long since I looked at your blog! Preschool has kept me way busier than I expected! Avery's Dora Fiesta looked like so much fun. Looks like you kicked it up a notch from our lame-o version :). She's too cute, and I loved the Avery Slide Show! Reese will love it!
Post a Comment