Tuesday, June 17, 2008

BFF get-together!

Today we had a fun outing at The Gateway. We met up with my long time friends Amber and Cookie and their cute kids Abby and Olivia. I was also looking forward to seeing my friend Rosanna but she had to cancel because she was having flu-like symptoms this morning! Yuck! Sorry Rosanna, hope you feel better soon! "Meanwhile, back at the ranch", (he he, that ones for you Amber), Avery, Quinn and Abby enjoyed the water fountain while Olivia was lounging in her stroller drinking her bottle.


Abby especially loved it, she got soaked. Good thing Amber was prepared and brought two extra outfits!

While we were waiting outside of the restroom for Amber to change Abby's clothes we took these next few pictures. A guy walked around the corner and said, "couldn't you find a prettier place than this for pictures?" "ha ha ha.....uuuhhh.....oh yeah".....my courtesy laugh and awkward reply. :)

Olivia, Avery and Quinn, what some cuties!

Avery with her new best friend Cookie.

For lunch we ate at Applebee's. I ordered the Turkey Bacon Ciabotta Sandwich, which by the way is delicious! "Does that have bacon on it?" Oh, I'm such a dork!!! While we were packing up to leave the restaurant the waiter was entertaining our children with a wild game of peek-a-boo. At least they thought he was funny!

We had fun shopping around, lounging under the misty thingy's in the shade and letting our kids run around together.---well at least Avery, Quinn and Abby ran around.....


Olivia did this.....she was all tuckered out, it's hard riding in a stroller all day!:)

Binky Buddies Forever!!!

A self portrait of me and my kiddies!

Avery's fabulous "picture face".....ugh!!!-I'm rolling my eyes right now!

All in all we had a great time minus the fact that Quinn developed a serious case of the "rocky mountain quick step" after we got there!!! (diarrhea).....grrr! Okay, so I assumed that three diapers would be plenty for the day. Not hardly! I went through those three diapers in a matter of, oh, about 45 minutes! Luckily my sweet friends were prepared, thanks for the two diapers Cookie! Yes folks, that's a total of FIVE diaper changes within a two hour period! (and two more since we've been home might I add!) So needless to say Quinney wasn't too happy at times but we still had fun! Thanks for meeting me there Cookie and Amber, I'm looking forward to our next outing!

**Note to self: don't feed Quinn acidy fruits like pineapple until he's older, his stomach doesn't like it!**

5 comments:

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

We had the best time today and can't wait to do it again soon!!! I feel lost with out Avery telling me anything and everything she can think of. Give her some love from me. Thanks for the great day!!!!

Sarah said...

How fun! Rocky Mountain Quick-Step! (I'm laughing really hard right now.)

Jennifer said...

Looks like you had a great time. How fun! Look at all of those little kids isn't it amazing what a difference a few years will make. Definately not like college anymore. Where in the world do you get all of your cute layouts, your blog is always so cute. I seriously need to do some work on mine.

Penny said...

I love that picture of avery at the bottom. Classic!

Rosie Moncrief said...

I'm so sad I missed it!! I've been sick all week!! Lame...