Saturday, June 21, 2008

9th grade treasures!

So I was looking through some boxes downstairs and guess what I came across?...my old journals. I used to be an avid journal writer once upon a time. Mostly through middle school and high school and then a little in college. Wow I'm a nerd!!! I'm a little embarrassed about how much I talk about this boy named B.J. Davis -- I'm sure some of you will remember him! I had a major crush on him from about 8th grade to 10th or 11th grade. On almost every single page down at the bottom I wrote something about him like: "B.J. looked so cute today" or "B.J. said hi to me today wahoo!" or "I heart B.J." or "Me and B.J. walked out to seminary together, I was in heaven." Then like two days later I'm saying, "I don't think I like B.J. anymore, I think I just like him as a friend now." And then all the sudden two days later I'm saying how cute I think he is and getting all giddy about him talking to me in the hall at school or something. Oh the drama of it all!!! :) How embarrassing!!! Here is a journal entry from my 9th grade year when I was 15 years old. I thought it was pretty funny and NERDY too!!! You might have to click on the picture to make it bigger so you can read it better.


Hey what do you know, Justin fits all 7 of those qualities!!! Looks like I found my REAL dream guy after all!!! :)

In case you were wondering, here is the report from the re-scheduled Valentine's Dance.....

Sadly, B.J. didn't ask me to dance but obviously I still had fun, I mean I only wrote that like 14 times! ha ha! Let's not forget, "We (Holly, Michelle, & Zandra) sat up & talked for a dang long time!" --not just for awhile but a "dang long time!" And Jami Olsen (Peterson), apparently we rode over to the dance together, how funny!!!

Okay so I have to share this entry, it is over a year later when I was now 16 years old and I was still secretly in love with B.J.!.....surprise, surprise.....I wasn't lying when I said my crush went from 8th grade to 10th or 11th grade!!! How pathetic!!! -- but oh so fun! he he!!!

Here is the insert that I'm talking about in the journal entry. Pretty clever eh? NOT! As if writing "Brandon Jones" would deter anyone's thoughts of me not meaning B.J.--- I only doodled his name and initials a million times!:)


Alright, I could go on for hours, this has been so much fun reading back through my journals, I'm really glad I was a faithful writer back then! Good times! I just have to share one more entry, this one might be the best...I mean the NERDIEST!!! Take a looksy.....



I love how I wrote "in no particular order" and that "Emily Groll didn't get pictures" on the top right corner of the first page! Just wanted to make that clear folks so my posterity would know, "in no particular order"! And I'm really glad that I wrote "friends continued..." on top of the 2nd and 3rd pages where the date was suppose to go so nobody gets confused that I'm still gluing my friends pictures into my journal! Oh the memories!

I also have a great entry about Jenny Jones (Mathews) and I. About how we went swimming at the Mountain Crest pool (for a Young Women activity I think) and you and I wouldn't swim because we didn't want to take our shirts off because we were embarrassed that Tim and Tom Pearce were there and apparently the MC pool didn't allow people to wear shirts while swimming. I actually remember that day! Also I have some entries about Skye Longhurst (Olsen) and I and all the dorky stuff we used to do and all the fun we had together. Also Skye, I have tons of notes that you wrote me inserted into my journal, isn't that funny! Remember when we used to do those Wing Ding notes to each other? And Lyndee, this is what I wrote about you on Tuesday, August 15th 1995: "Lyndee Spence is so fantastic! In Sports Inter. she was a great gymnastics bud. During that class we used to go and play gymnastics on the rolled up wrestling mats. It was so fun! Lyndee was my gymnastics pal along with Charity & Zandra." -- of course you remember that Lyndee!!!

Awwwww, this has been a blast from the past! Maybe I should start making this a weekly post, some dorky entry from my journal. Pure entertainment if you ask me!!!

10 comments:

Jami & Boys said...

I LOVE IT! It so reminded me of some good ole' times! I love that we rode to the dance together and that my picture is glued in your journal -- I'm honored! Keep those journal posts comin' -- I loved taking a trip down memory lane!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

That is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time!!! Even more funny is that I didn't know you back then and I think I even remember hearing about BJ!

Rosie Moncrief said...

classic holly! BTW holly, you can be top model if you want. I really should go through all of our darwin pics and post some! Remember the low riding our pants incident??? Funtastic times

Skye O. said...

I don't even dare read my old journals becuase of all the lame crushes I had. That is great! I died when I saw my nerdy picture in there. That seems like so long ago, but also just yesterday that we were having sleepovers and toliet papering the neighbors. Good times! Glad you found your dream guy!!

Melissa said...

Hey there! Jon has told me lots of good stories about your cute little ones. He's super excited for a girl because of Avery. The hubbies sure have lots of fun at work together. We will have to meet sometime.
Love the journal writing. It inspires me to pull out my old Jr. High memorabilia!

Jennifer said...

Oh Holly you are so funny. I read back through my journals and am really tempted to throw them in the garbage because they are quite embarassing. BTW yes I made all of those cakes it is something I have always wanted to learn to do and I took some classes while I was pregnant with Carissa and couldn't do much else.

Rosie Moncrief said...

Holly, "Indie Music" is Independent artists basically. People who actually have talent that write and sing their own music!! I should capture you for a night so you can experience it live!!!! You'll love it!!

Cookie, Jason, Olivia, and Mya said...

Ummmmm no I do not dare you to post it you freak!!! Don't make me get Chirstina and Brittney out!!!!

Rosie Moncrief said...

Post it!! I dare you! You know if you do, this might mean picture wars!!! Are you up for the challenge??!!

The Mathews Family said...

OMGosh!! That was hilarious!! I'm trying to remember when it was that I dated BJ... you know he took me out and wrecked a four-wheeler on my, broke my collar bone and then never talked to me again!! I guess you were better off ;)

I totally remember that pool thing. I look at myself back then and think "What the heck was I so worried about?" !!??!!??

Fun entry! :)